Information on Weather Maps
for the Hawaiian Islands
Each weather map for the Hawaii Islands shows (when available):
(1) Plots of surface weather station reports, including:
During summer and early fall during daylight hours, some images also
- wind speed (in knots) and wind direction;
- cloud cover;
- temperature and dew-point temperature (both in degrees
- sea-level pressure (coded, in millibars); and
- current weather (represented symbolically, if included).
(2) A GOES-West visible satellite image.
(Weather-radar data are not available for Hawaii at this WWWeb site.)
The time and date appearing on these maps is in Universal
Time Coordinates (UTC), formerly known as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
comments about time labels
for more information.)
For information about reading some of the meteorological information
on these maps, refer to the
key to weather-station plots
general description of visible and infrared satellite images.
Go to the
Hawaiian Islands Weather Map Menu
Western U.S. Subregional Weather Map Menu
Main Menu (California Regional Weather Server)